question using titanium backup

1. heshanj

heshanj Well-Known Member

i just installed titanium backup on my newly rooted phone :p one (probably stupid) question is.. the backup location by default for all my apps/system/settings is on the internal SD card. i thought it'd be able to store it on the external SD card? is it necessary? if something wipes the phone, i.e. factory reset, wouldnt the internal SD card be wiped? or is it just the phone memory (the 2gb part) thats wiped if something goes wrong? thanks (gotta love a rooted droid!)

Advertisement
    :
  2. steslatt

steslatt Well-Known Member

Factory reset only wipes the "internal" memory (2gb) the "sdcard" (12.3gb) does not get wiped so the titanium storage will be fine. You can change the storage location in preferences to external sd if you want to.
  3. heshanj

thanks :) i assume that the same is true if u flash a custom rom that requires a wipe?

coz then its pretty safe to keep it on the internal SD - i have used my external for all my music which is quite large n i have just around 2.6gb free on the external sd.. n much more on the internal, but just want to be sure that a factory reset or flashing a custom rom wont wipe my backup on internal sd! thanks
  4. steslatt

As far as I know yes, it is treated as an external sd card. How will you be doing a wipe? via the rom itself or via recovery? Via recovery will not wipe no matter what rom you use.
    heshanj likes this.
  5. heshanj

oh no, im not planning to wipe anything.. just want to know in case i have to :) when u say wipe via recovery, u mean recovery mode and factory reset?

i guess i'll run a backup and save it in the internal sd. thanks for ur help!
  6. steslatt

I mean boot into recovery. When phone is off hold volume up, home and power. Then there is a wipe data/factory reset option.
  7. heshanj

gotcha. nope, i wont be doing any of that, not yet. just want to know this stuff beforehand. thanks again. backup to internal sd it is!