question. why do random unessasery widgets keep openingSupport

1. reprieval

reprieval New Member

i have a sony ericsson xperia and for some reason random apps keep opening like Gallery, Google Maps, facebook and a many more.. for one gallery destroys my battery it took 57% from my last charge and was running 9 hours (basically over night).. so now i have to charge my phone everyday.... even after i force close it, it opens in a few seconds again... any help would be appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Hello and welcome to Android Forums! :)

I'm going to move this to the Sony Experia forum where users of the same phones can help. Which Experia have you got?

When you say keep opening, do you mean they are full open on your screen when you wake the phone, or they are listed as running apps?
  3. reprieval

reprieval New Member

alright thanks :) and i have a sony ericsson xperia arc and they are listed as running programs :)
  4. lunatic59

Okay, it's moved.

Now, if you see apps listed as running, it doesn't necessarily mean they are. And if you are using a task killer, it might be the root of your problem. Please read Why You Don't Need a Task Killer.

If it continues to behave badly, you might need to perform a factory reset to get things cleaned up.
  5. reprieval

reprieval New Member

i dont think i am using a task killer. but why does it take up so much of my battery? i need to charge it everyday thanks to gallery opening in the running apps. :O
  6. lunatic59

The gallery app shouldn't be running unless you opened it although smart phones will need to be charged every day.