Question with "send message" under a contactSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bill6090

Bill6090 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone,

This is my first help post so please be kind... :eek:. Lol

I noticed when I imported my contacts from my gmail account, that the phone is giving me the option to send a SMS message to every single number listed not just mobile numbers. Why would i want to send a text message to a land line phone that can't receive them?

Is anyone else seeing this? I checked out a friends Eris and she is showing the send message option for mobile numbers only. Is there a setting I'm missing for this? I've looked everywhere I can think of and can't find anything on this.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Advertisement
  2. Dex

Dex Well-Known Member

Might have something to do with how it is inputed.

I just double checked and contacts labeled only as home have that option. I am very picky and mostly enter numbers as either mobile, home or work depending on what the number is calling. It's a pretty good catch, not sure why it'd allow that, but then again some of the newer carriers (VoIP and similar) allow text type messaging to your "home" line.

Bill6090 likes this.
  3. Bill6090

Yeah, same here. I like to make sure I have everything labeled correctly. It's livable, I just think it makes the contact screen cluttered with unnecessary information. If it's a common issue on this phone, I hope HTC comes out with an update to correct it.

4. mozetti

mozetti Well-Known Member

I don't know if any of the US land-line providers use it, but in Germany the land-lines can accept text messages. It probably just defaults to let you SMS any line.

5. 1999ncsu

1999ncsu Member

Same deal here. I was hoping to find a fix. I think I figured out why they do it.

I send a text to my home number. I got a reply that said,

"********** is a landline #. Reply Y to send all TXT messages to this # as voice messages for $0.25/msg. + std msg fee. Details @vtext.com, TexttoLandline"

Bill6090 likes this.
  6. Bill6090

Ah, very interesting. Those sneaky little !@#$@# 's. I can definitely say that I don't like that. It clutters up my contacts and is useless as far as I'm concerned. Oh well, guess that takes care of that. lol

7. speedmaniac11m

speedmaniac11m Member

Yea, this was driving me nuts! No way to fix or remove the message land line from google contacts. It sucks!!

8. bza

bza New Member

So, this issue was fixed with the 2nd last Android update.

But with yesterdays OS update... its back and my contact now have 'send message' for every number.

And to make it worse, I send a message to a land line by mistake and got charged $0.25!!

ANNOYING!

Any solutions?

9. wgkwgk

wgkwgk New Member

At least we should be able to change the label from "Send Message" to "Send Message Home," so we don't have to check the actual number to make sure, which defeates the whole intended convenience.

Any thoughts on this?

10. jdaghir

jdaghir Member

Bump.

Any new solutions for this? Very annoying to send a text to a land line. It's a little thing, but it bugs the heck out of me.