soondolee Member

i am broke....but want to have android phone...:(

is it ok to buy droid now?

i love how droid can be customize...

what should i dot??

Advertisement
  2. Howie

Howie Well-Known Member

not to sound rude, but you said you are broke. will you be able to cover the data plan requirement? The droid (any of Verizon's models) are great. If you can, are you activating a new line, upgrading, or buying full price?

New line/upgrading you may be able to find it really cheap like Best Buy or wirefly.com
    soondolee likes this.
  3. trav473

trav473 Well-Known Member

the moto droid is a great phone, many on here refuse to upgrade due the fact that the new phones coming out are looking VERY difficult to mod and customize.
    soondolee likes this.
  4. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Both of those comments need to be taken in context. For the capabilities OOB, all the DROIDs have decent hardware and a wide range of capabilities.

For those who want to root for newer ROMs, customized ROMs, root access and such, the new DROID X only will allow rooting - no customized ROMs. The Incredible and the original DROID allow both.

If you're broke, but will be able to manage the data plans, I made a post yesterday that through TigerDirect online the Motorola DROID is free with a new 2 year contract through VZW. See http://androidforums.com/motorola-d...ct-online-has-following-offers-right-now.html
    soondolee likes this.
  5. soondolee

soondolee Member

thnx guys..

i think i will upgrade to the droid 1 since it has very nice price on wirefly..
  6. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

Depends on your particular needs/wants. There's no one-size-fits-all answer. The Droid is suitable for some and not for others.