Last Updated:

1. sflowers

sflowers New Member

So I was on a phone call today with interestingly enough Verzion to report another phone on my account stolen. I was on my Motorola Droid with a completely charged battery that I had just pulled off the charger. About half way through the call everything goes silent and I figure I just lost signal due to being on the 22nd story at work. I try hitting the lock button to light up the screen but nothing, I try sliding the phone open

2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Back in my 2.1 days I had it happen a couple of times, where it indicated low battery. I powered it off, pulled the battery, put it back in and restarted it... lots of battery left! :confused:

All I can say is that electronics is not an exact science...
  3. G.Armour

G.Armour You know you want to. VIP Member

Yeah it's happened to me a few times as well.. but mine just randomly revolts sometimes but I think its just due to the phone getting to hot and shutting itself off to protect itself. But that's just my opinion.
  4. sflowers

sflowers New Member

Have you had any trouble with this issue since you installed Froyo?
  5. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Not at all. My battery life is AMAZING on Froyo, and I have had no "surprise" power downs.
    sflowers likes this.
  6. sflowers

sflowers New Member

I have been putting it off but I guess I have to load Froyo on my phone... I just can't have surprise power downs like that plus its been kind of slow lately too.

Thanks to both of you for your input!!
  7. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I was having that issue, but I took my phone to Verizon and found out that my battery was bad. The tech had me feel the front of the battery and there was a bubble that she said occurs when something (can't remember what she called it) inside the battery bursts. She gave me a new one and I haven't had any issues since.

I'm running stock 2.1.

8. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

9. asphalt cowboy

asphalt cowboy Well-Known Member

Yes that would be a bad cell in your battery. Happened to me on my old Dare.
  10. takeshi

takeshi Well-Known Member

If those are necessary then you have some problems you need to address. The task killer and battery pulls are only addressing the symptoms.
  11. klwheat

klwheat Well-Known Member

as above....get the battery replaced. And if you need to get a new one on your own...there are some GREAT prices on $3 each plus shipping!