• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Question.

Did that as well... i've changed the setting to charge before i take it off... i've left it in every setting tried it anyway i can think of. Nothing seems to work. The first time i did it, it bricked my phone but that's because i was dumb and just put it on the sdcard not following directions. I reset, rerooted did everything i can think of and still nothing.

Upvote 0
try this (via p3droid @mydroidworld)

i. go to mount and storage
ii. select mount system (it should say unmount /system if done correctly)
iii. press the power button
iv. select install zip from sdcard
v. select choose zip from sdcard
vi. navigate to update.zip and press the camera button

edit: just realized this advice was no good. re-read your first post, and noticed you were disabling custom recovery.

Upvote 0
Ok i have two update.zip on my sdcard one is spelled correctly the other like this update.zip/... i can't apply that one. When i press it, it opens more folders and so on. If i use the other that is spelled correctly i get the same error "no such file or directory". Should i delete and recopy it to the sdcard or does anyone have a better idea?

Upvote 0
Ok i have two update.zip on my sdcard one is spelled correctly the other like this update.zip/... i can't apply that one. When i press it, it opens more folders and so on. If i use the other that is spelled correctly i get the same error "no such file or directory". Should i delete and recopy it to the sdcard or does anyone have a better idea?

i would delete them both, and re-copy the one you want to your SD card.

Upvote 0
I've done that several times anyway.

Whats so hard about it? Setting it up seems to be the hard part.
Personnel I'm going to wait and see what happens. I want to see if they patch the recovery exploit or if the kernel is updated. In other words I want to see if its better than having a rooted phone with recovery that I can mess with or if the fixes are worth losing that.

Upvote 0
Well my problem has been the update.zip not being found. I've bricked my phone several times so flashing back doesn't bother me. I would just like vanilla froyo, but i can't even update to the leaked version.

You're either doing something wrong or you have the bug where you can't mount the sdcard in recovery. DO you have the lastest version of koushes recovery?

When you boot to recovery from Koushs bootstrap go to mounts and storage, mount the sdcard and see if you get an error. if so re download the bootstrap app and install it again. Select bootstrap recovery (again) then boot to recovery and see if can now mount the sdcard. if so install the update.zip

If not list your steps here.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones