Question?

Last Updated:

1. brownythegreat

brownythegreat New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey Everyone! New here

Just bought a new incredible with 2.2 off craiglist(200$ and no contract not bad). I had a Droid Eris previous to this and its now me and my wifes backup phone. I really can tell the difference! My Eris was rooted and was running 2.2 and honestly I thought it was running pretty great(a thousand times better after being rooted). Now I guess my question is, I see such a great improvement from my Eris(even rooted) is it still worth me rooting my new phone? Will I see even a faster phone? I like faster. The one thing Ive noticed is certainly battery issues, this thing sucks up the battery! Although it is snappier and quicker to load even in stock then my Eris. So should I take the leap?

Advertisement
  2. TheWhiteBandito

TheWhiteBandito Well-Known Member

Yes, you'll notice a faster phone. Get KingxKlick kernel which is undervolted, so you'll see improved battery life on top of some extra speed.

3. teacha6141

teacha6141 Member

I agree the battery sucks, and your phone should be faster...I tried several Kernels which are easy to install when rooted, The best I have used so far is the Hydra Kernel. the "overclock" 1.5 is working great. and improves battery life because it regulates the phone to underclock when not being used and gives you the speed when needed...Again, experimentation is the key..I did try the Hydra stock with Skyraider, and for some reason it locked up..No big deal, just reboot in previous backup. (Power Button and Down, at the same time)