Question

Last Updated:

1. rt53

rt53 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi! I have a question about my Hero. Has any of you had a problem with the phone not ending a call after tapping "end call", and the phone saying "call ended" Its happened to me several times, where the person I just talked to, calling and saying that they recieved a voicemail from me right after hanging up, and they could hear everything I am saying, even though I have locked the phone and put it in my pocket. This could be a DISASTER!! Is it me doing something wrong, or is it a problem with the Hero? Help!

Advertisement
  2. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

Welcome to AF! :D

3. rt53

Thanks Carl!

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

5. Heroine

Heroine Well-Known Member

This has happened to me a cpl of times in the month I have had the phone. Not sure why it happens and only sometimes and as as u say could be disasterous ;) No idea how to solve it so I am just ultra careful now.
    Any ideas anyone?

6. The_Gnome_

The_Gnome_ Well-Known Member

This is just a guess but I'm suspecting that just before you hit "end call" yourself, the call actually ends because the other party has hung up. Then when you hit "end call", you're actually hitting "call" and redialing your last call.

A few times I've gone to hit end call myself, and notice that the call hangs up milliseconds before I do, and when I press it dials out because the button changes back to "call".

Just a guess, but I'd bet that's happening.

7. mmusaji

mmusaji Well-Known Member

Never had this issue but I use the hard-key to hang up.

8. Heroine

Yeah very true, I have had that happen too and realised as u say what the problem was. However at least half a dozen times I have been 100%certain the call was ended either by myself or the other party and have received a txt from them or a call on my landline saying they could still hear me on the line in the background. :confused:

9. Heroine

What do u mean by the hard key pls? I have been using the touch screen to end calls. If u mean the end call/power button maybe I will change to that also then. Tnx

10. The_Gnome_

Yea the hard key as in one of the physical buttons on the device.

11. rt53

Wow, Thanks for all the tips guys. Nice to hear that someone else has had this problem. Today, I ended a call using the hard key, the screen said it ended, I then hit the home button and went back to my homepage, then hit the back button, and the call screen popped up saying that I was still connected. I went through this FIVE times before it finally ended for sure. What ie weird, is that it almost always happen with the same guy I'm talking too, no one else. I'm almost to the point where I am thinking of powering the phone off when after I talk to him!! Very frustrating. Other than that I love the phone, but this is a big issue to me.
    Tim

12. gaanrowl

gaanrowl Active Member

sorry to jump the thread, but iv been having problems ending calls aswell, the screen times out and goes dark while im on the phone so to end a call i have to press home to light the screen then end call this is quite annoying is their any way to stop this happening??

13. mmusaji

mmusaji Well-Known Member

You can get an app which stops the screen from locking when you're on a call. I've never used one because I think you may touch buttons on the screen with your face (i.e. end up hanging up on calls when you don't want to).

In the notification bar you should see if the call is still active. If you press the back button it will bring up the call screen but if you haven't hung up, by hitting the end key - if screen is locked check you are unlocking like previous poster said then hitting end key, then call will still be active.

14. The_Gnome_

If you're having to end a call five times before it actually ends (and sorry if I misunderstand, but that's how I read this) it sounds to me like you have a problem with your phone. I'd suggest swapping it back where you bought it.