Question

Last Updated:

1. darktheory

darktheory Active Member This Topic's Starter

Want this phone, but (call me mad?) don't really like the Sense UI.

Do you think I can get the Nexus 1 rom on there without issues and would I get OTA updates thereafter?

Advertisement
  2. SEadeh

SEadeh Member

I cant answer your question but I just wanna say I agree with you on the Sense UI. Its cool looking, dont get me wrong, but for some reason I would prefer the simpleness of the stock android interface more. Sense UI seems too animated for me. Just let me put my icons on my home screens and I am ok.

3. ryan79260

ryan79260 Active Member

You can disable sense, but there are more benefits than just animations and looks. Keyboard is nicer than the stock keyboard for example. It is pretty lite on system resources. Give it a shot.

4. colrey

colrey Well-Known Member

to disable sence, go to menu,settings,applications(manage applications) and you will find htc sence, or touch flo, and clear defaults, then you will have the phone without sence.

Hope this helps.

5. mi_canuck

mi_canuck Well-Known Member

the irony - some Nexus guys want Sense, and some Desire guys don't :D sounds like it's easier to get a Desire and disable Sense by what colrey said, than the other way around (getting Sense working right on a Nexus)

it'll be awesome when the Desire hits... as the Nexus' close twin, it should push apps and development that much further...

6. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

All the review vids I've seen indicate the sense bolt on has been much improved over other HTC incarnations.

7. darktheory

I just want to be able to get OTA updates of newer versions at the same time as 'with google' phone owners. Dnt want to wait 6 months for HTC to implement it into the Sense UI

8. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

If your planning to get the OTA updates and not root, I would suggest going with a nexus one over the Desire

9. darktheory

Agreed but that means buying the phone outright or moving to vodafone :)mad:)

two things i dont want to do. If only tmo uk was getting the nexus :(

10. lookseehear

lookseehear Well-Known Member

Slightly off topic but how do you find T-mo in the UK coverage and data wise?

I'm on o2 at the moment and hate it, calls drop quite a lot and data refuses to stream regularly. I'm in central London btw.

11. vido.ardes

vido.ardes Well-Known Member

I am about 50 miles outside of London and reception is fantastic. I have been with them over 2 years and never had a problem, great reception, great customer service and good deals too

12. lookseehear

lookseehear Well-Known Member

I've heard that they have teamed up with orange to share their phone masts, is that true?

What are the details of your tariff at the moment? I just switched from an iphone contract onto a sim only with o2 (still with unlimited data) and then I found out they stop your visual voicemail from working if you don't have an 'iphone contract'!

13. darktheory

I'm 10 miles out from C.London, I've set my g1 to 2G to save battery and rarely have problems

14. nx1977

nx1977 Well-Known Member

No issues with Tmobile coverage either. They've been sharing Orange masts for a number of years now. I actually left orange, as where I live, I couldnt get an Orange signal in my house - still cant.

I'm on their flext 35 package, with unlimited data. Suits my needs much better than combi, and seems to cover much more of what I use.