• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Questions about a couple issues...

pyrateca

Lurker
Oct 14, 2012
Hi, I've had my Galaxy nexus for about 11 months now, and have a few things maybe someone can answer. It currently runs "jelly bean", but was the same on "ice cream sandwich"..... I don't root my phone or install custom images.

1. Sometimes I will find it has shut off while in my sweater pocket. I've heard that is because the battery can move away briefly from the contacts.

2. Even stranger, occasionally I will shut it down(I witness it shut down and vibrate), then later that night it will ding with an email. It's back on again! Most disturbing is that my phone is encrypted and it seems to have managed to boot completely to login.

3. Occasionally I receive emails that are blank on my phone, but look fine on my computer. The phone email only shows a date which is the unix epoch.

4. I need to send and receive emails in plain text, but cannot locate how to change that setting.(maybe I'm missing something obvious)

5. File transfer is only via PTP or MTP.... will that change in the future, because it blows teh goats.(I did not do my research properly before purchase and thought I could mount as external drive)

So, if anyone can provide me some hints for these items please? Other than those, I'm quite happy with the phone itself.

Thanks.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones