1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about Andriod


Last Updated:

  1. ranger3484

    ranger3484 Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2010
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    1
    I'm brand new to Andriod. Just picked up the HTC EVO 4G and so far am loving it. I'm a previous Blackberry owner and still learning the Andriod protocol and have a couple questions.

    1. Dialing numbers with pauses. For my work schedule I have to dial an 800 number, then when the automated voice comes on I would enter my employee number and password. In my Blackberry I was able to do this by inserting commas for pauses, then my employee number, another couple commas, and my password. For example, stored in my phone contacts was "Scheduling" with the following number assigned. 1-800-123-4576, 123456(employee number),,,987654(password). This way I didn't have to manually type this stuff in everytime. I tried doing this with my EVO and it attempts to place the call but I get a message that I have to enter an area code before dialing this number. I think it's bypassing the commas and treating this as an international phone call. Any work arounds?

    2. Just curious if anybody knows of any apps that have airline flight timetable access. Basically, if I wanted to know what flights operated between 2 airports on a particular day is there an app for that? I used Pocket Express on my Blackberry and it worked great. That said, Pocket Express doesn't support the Android.

    Thanks,

    Ranger
     

    Advertisement
  2. Divebomber3

    Divebomber3 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2010
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    5
    I might have a solution for #1.. If its a number you call all the time save it as a new contact.. when you put in the contact # (at least on my eris running sense ui) there is a "P" in the upper right hand side of the keyboard.. That P is a "pause" command... Then put your login after that..
     
  3. ranger3484

    ranger3484 Member This Topic's Starter

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2010
    Messages:
    10
    Likes Received:
    1
    Thanks for the tip. That was 95% of the problem. The P, indeed inserted pauses. That said, my phone dials numbers so quickly that my employer's phone scheduler couldn't pick up the tones quick enough. Putting in another P between my employee number and password solved the other 5%. Thanks for the tip.
     
  4. Divebomber3

    Divebomber3 Active Member

    Joined:
    Jun 3, 2010
    Messages:
    36
    Likes Received:
    5
    cool.. glad that worked for you!!
     
  5. alenag611

    alenag611 New Member

    Joined:
    Jun 7, 2010
    Messages:
    1
    Likes Received:
    0
    I'm having a bit of difficulties moving my contacts. I don't have access to Outlook. Is there a way to save them to a SD card. I went from the touch pro to the Sprint 4G.
     
  6. Szadzik

    Szadzik Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Feb 15, 2010
    Messages:
    5,413
    Likes Received:
    715
    If you are trying to move your contacts from WinMo to Android just use Google Sync. It will sync you WinMo contacts with your Google account. Then you can sync your Android phone and the contacts will be synced.
     

Share This Page

Loading...