1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Questions about Android and the lack of 3D games.

Last Updated:

1. maven

maven New Member This Topic's Starter

I am looking to get a HTC Hero when it is released for Sprint. I have a question about Android and its lack of 3D games.

Is the reason for this because the SDK has been limited, or is it because everyone wants a piece of the iphone?

I got rid of my iPhone because of the monthly raping by AT&T. So, I have been on a quest for a suitable replacement.

I see so much potential with Android. Are these outrageous 3D games going to see the light of day on Android?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement
  2. samuelmaskell

samuelmaskell Well-Known Member

I think it's mostly lack of developers. There certainly are some good 3D games out there for android so it's not like it can't be done. Mystique is probably the best example. I've heard of a few more coming though. Project Chronos looks really promising..

3. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

4. maven

maven New Member This Topic's Starter

After looking at the link above, it doest look as if the Android platform is up to par with the iPhone.

I am looking into getting a Hero on Sprint. Does the iPhone platform have hardware that makes it superior to the Hero/Android?

5. spottyelephant

spottyelephant Well-Known Member

It's purely developers. The samsung galaxy has 3d hardware acceleration which would put it above the iphone..if there were games using it yet.

It's a feckin rubbish video - but this shows a game using it