Questions about beast battery issues

Last Updated:

1. iamloco724

iamloco724 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i know answers and suggestions are in many threads i just dont have the head to look around for it right now

well ive been bouncing back and forth between roms because since the new beast came out i had bad battery life on it it was super quick though and i really want to use it since its been the rom ive always used

any ideas on what i can do to help with battery life

i like using setcpu so i have control over it and i can see whats happening and i need profiles because of the way i use my phone

Advertisement
  2. Trapper31

Trapper31 Well-Known Member

Try one of the P3 kernels. I haven't yet but I'm thinking about it and you can let me know how it goes. :p

Seriously though I've heard that those kernels run cool and stable, I just haven't gotten around to trying them out. There is a link somewhere in this forum to get your hands on them. Just remember that Pete's auto CPU scaling won't work with a different kernel, as well as a couple of other things, but I can't remember of the top of my head.

Post impressions if you try it out!

3. dblock110

dblock110 Well-Known Member

i am gettin rediculously terrible battery life on BB .

i have tried all kernels . my last attempt is a 600mhz p3 kernel . going to charge it overnight then see how long it runs

4. iamloco724

forgot to mention that i did try that already

5. gwlaw99

gwlaw99 Well-Known Member

Get juice defender. It shuts 3g off when your phone is suspended. Saves a lot of battery life.

6. iamloco724

ive tried juice defender in the past and was confused by the various settings

7. joshi3joshi

joshi3joshi Active Member

try not changing the stock settings. leave setcpu at 600 max and 250 min (runs fast enough and cool enough for me). I got about 40 hours out of it. check the picture below to see.

Attached Files: