Questions about buying the incredibleSupport

Last Updated:

1. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My girlfriend is interested in the Incredible.

Is the incredible now being sold with 2.2 installed?

Does the incredible do bluetooth voice dialing? Did it do BT voice dialing before 2.2?

Advertisement
  2. Musky

Musky Well-Known Member

I'll give these a shot. :)

I think whether or not it has 2.2 depends on when it was originally shipped to the store you're getting it from. As of very recently, I haven't heard of any new Incredibles coming with 2.2. But, that is no biggie as it is an easy update.

To my knowledge since 2.2 it does have BT voice dialing capabilities. It did not before the 2.2 upgrade.

And in my opinion, she should get the phone, it is awesome!

Hope that helps!

pool_shark likes this.
  3. DroidPower

DroidPower Well-Known Member

i have the Incredible... great phone, but if was to buy a new phone or eligible for an upgrade now, or in Oct, i would wait for Christmas, i feel Verizon 4G/LTE is right around the corner. All these phones will lag behind and become old quickly by the start of the new year when 4G starts rolling out, i would hang in there and see what rolls out for the Holidays.

4G and its capabilities on new phones will become the new WANT, so i wouldn't tie myself up in a 2 year contract right now or in the next few months and having to watch and listen to all the purchases of new 4G/LTE technology phones. JMO

3G will become old hat soon...

4. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It did, thank you. She was torn between the fascinate and the incredible. She thinks the fascinate is too big and it's having issues with GPS and no BT voice dialing.

True, but when they are released they will have their own problems initially and her Alias is acting up now.