Questions about changing lcd screenTips

Last Updated: 2012-01-25 05:01:26
  1. FLFireman

FLFireman Active Member

Is it possible to change/upgrade the screen on the indulge for a Super AMOLED screen of another Samsung Galaxy class phone? My brother has an Indulge with a broken (cracked) screen and he has since made the switch to a different carrier for an IPhone rather than purchase another one.

It would seem to me that this should be possible since I imagine the hardware should be very similar if not identical but I would like some insight from those with a deeper knowledge base on this subject.

I know that I can still fix the screen with a stock R910 lcd screen but if I figure if I am going to replace the screen, then why not try to upgrade it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Advertisement
  2. redhook

redhook Well-Known Member

No you cannot.
    FLFireman likes this.
  3. FLFireman

FLFireman Active Member

Ok thanks
  4. tiede

tiede Well-Known Member

To clarify why you cannot, the screens aren't compatible.
    The sizes are different, and so are the hooks.
    Most of the time, the hardware/software interface layer is also different, making swaps harder.
    But even if you could get the sizes to match, the connections, and even the hardware interface to match, the resolutions would most likely still differ. Plus, the indulge, as far as I know, does not have a gpu capable of spitting out pure HD, superAMOLED output 24/7. Nor the necessary drivers, which would require kernel modification to work!
    FLFireman likes this.