1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Questions about cloud storage for HTC FlyerGeneral

1. amberforest

amberforest New Member

Hi, newb here with absolutely no experience with the Android platform. I've never even had internet capability on my cell phone, if that tells you anything. With that in mind, I have a question about using cloud storage for an HTC Flyer. I recently signed up for Skydrive for Windows, and you get 25GB worth of online storage with it. Can I use Skydrive to store music, movies, TV shows, ebooks, etc and then use them on my Flyer without having to download the files onto the tablet? And what other online-storage based sites do you recommend besides Skydrive?

I have a few other questions too:
    1) What class of microSD do you recommend for the expansion slot?
    2) Do you have to download apps onto the device's internal storage and SD card storage, or can you use those from online storage also if the need be?

I bought my Flyer last week and am waiting patiently for it to arrive. Before I get it I'd like to be prepared and ready to use it, so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
    :
  2. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Cloud tasks you point out should work fine

Get a 32gb class 4 from Amazon ($40 delivered)

All tablets since Gingerbread OS treat the app storage space as "internal" and the internal media space as "sd card". The real micro sd is external space, and some apps offer the ability to use it, but most do not.

There is PLENTY of app space, so you should not have issues. I am an app hound and still have well over half my app space free.