• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root questions about custom roms

cpope09

Aug 27, 2010
i know i could probably sreach and find this all out buti dont wanna spend the time so im sorry if this is all been asked

first off are all roms load the same way for differently?
can installing a rom void your warrenty and if so can you load the stock rom back on?
can you brick your phone loading a custom rom?
and what is the best rom or is it more personaly what i would like?

thanks im new too all this stuff and dont wanna mess anything up

thanks

first off are all roms load the same way for differently? Same way
can installing a rom void your warrenty and if so can you load the stock rom back on?Rooting voids your warranty, and roms also void warranty. you can get it back stock but ive heard samsung can tell if it has been done, i dont know if its true
can you brick your phone loading a custom rom? yes

Upvote 0
If you don't want to take the time to search, then you probably shouldn't be even thinking about putting a custom ROM on your phone.

You're voiding your warranty and messing with fire by putting a custom ROM on your phone. If you're too lazy to do the research to know how you can screw it up and how to recover from that screw up, then you're going to end up with a $200 paperweight.

Good luck...you're clearly going to need it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones