Questions about D2

Last Updated:

1. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have the original Droid. I'm getting annoyed with the lag after the FroYo update. I've rooted and overclocked and that has helped some, but the lag on home screen redraws is still annoying. Also, the update and stagefright stuff making my pandora and other streaming apps sound like crap is killing me.

Can anyone tell me if the Droid 2 has these same issues?

I'm going to flash Pete's bugless beast to see if that helps with the lag and screen refreshes, but it still doesn't fix the sound quality. Apparently there's a fix for that too, so still more digging to do. But dang, forgive me for just wanting a phone that I don't "have" to hack. I don't mind tinkering, i like it in fact. But I prefer to do it for fun, not out of necessity.

Advertisement
  2. driftr

driftr New Member

What launcher are you using? I'd recommend ADW Launcher which has a scrolling speed setting in the config of the launcher.

I'm on the Droid 2 but when I was on the original Droid I never had a lag issue.

3. pool_shark

pool_shark Well-Known Member

I had no lag on my D2 even while using the stock launcher.
    I prefer launcher pro over adw because launcher pro can use 15 icons in the dock which can also have a swipe gesture for each icon giving you easy access to 30 apps. I only have one app icon on my home screen, the rest are in the LP dock.

4. Thornfullessrose

Thornfullessrose Well-Known Member

+1 on pool shark's suggestion. Also, if you stream audio a lot don't use stagefright. Simple as that.

5. crankerchick

crankerchick Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm using the stock launcher and had no complaints with speed or redraw with 2.1. It's only been since the 2.2 update that I'm getting the lag in going back to the home screen. The icons take a minute to redraw and the screen itself is unresponsive even once the icons redraw for a bit longer.

I will give launcher pro and/or ADW a shot and see what that does for me. Otherwise it's back to 2.1 or maybe a D2/DX/Incredible (gasp) purchase is in my future. It seems like I've read mixed reviews on if the stage fright fix works. It looks like I have more digging to do.