Questions About Data PlansGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Ytlvnv

Ytlvnv New Member This Topic's Starter

I would like to buy the Droid Eris, but I dont want to purchase the data plans that are included. My family is currently using the family share plan, and I would like to add a line to it. Is it possible to buy the phone and stick to the family plans instead?

I still would like to use the features included such as email, web browsing, and the apps, so is it possible to do all these things using a Wi-fi connection instead?

Please reply soon. :)

Advertisement
  2. Fulltime Traveler

Fulltime Traveler Well-Known Member

Nope. Verizon requires the $29.99/mo data plan on all smartphones.

3. thetingster

thetingster Well-Known Member

I tried that vz makes you buy the data plan. However vz does have discounts available if your job qualifies. I.e. government employees. The discounts are pretty good.

4. mpciii

mpciii Well-Known Member

Actually, you can still be on the family plan, but you will need to add $30 for data.

And please don't go into a long diatribe about how unfair it is and how you can get everything you need with WiFi. It's all been said before over and over. Seriously, I come to 2 phone forums and everyday there are at least 4 or 5 new threads about this. Sorry about the rant it's not so much directed at you than people in general.

5. Ytlvnv

Ytlvnv New Member This Topic's Starter

Its ok no problem. I guess i'll just get the data plan for the eris. Thanks for the help :)

Btw I used to have the Iphone but it was getting way to expensive for me. $30 a month with verizon is better than paying $70 bucks a month just for the 3G coverage with at&t. If your want unlimited text and more data for the iphone, its an extra $15 dollars...totally not worth it.

6. Charlie81

Charlie81 Well-Known Member

I got the family plan. one # has a moto droid the other # a eris droid. I have to pay $30 for data on each phone , but we share the minutes... it actually worked out cheaper then two individual plans PLUS got the eris for $0 !
    :)

7. graywolferis1

graywolferis1 Well-Known Member

This is what I'm doing, Worth paying the 30 if you ask me. Great phone.