Questions about Desire HDGeneral

Last Updated:

1. Zirrak

Zirrak New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi!

I have been checking both XDA and this forum about everything on Htc Desire HD. I have not seen a live demo of the phone yet, but so far I love the Sense UI, Android OS, Size and look of the phone.

My gf is getting a Iphone 4, I think it

Advertisement
  2. SithSurfer

SithSurfer Well-Known Member

The speed is awesome after turning the debugging on. I'd say give HTC couple of weeks and this will get sorted without getting into the settings.

Web browsing is smooth as silk, never had any problems. I don't really see any difference speed-wise between iP4 and DHD. And the reasons to go with Android OS are rather obvious ;)

PS. I don't really see any slowdowns when a site's using Flash, however you can disable it anyway.
    PSS. iP4 seems so tiny after using DHD for 2 weeks :)

Zirrak likes this.
  3. DecimusMxms

DecimusMxms Member

I've been a DHD user for a week now after using an iphone since it was first released. All i can say is that when it comes to manipulating whats on the screen, the iPhone is still smoother. I don't think web browsing is smooth in DHD. Feature wise DHD wins but its just not as easy and smooth to operate as the iPhone, even when USB Debugging is turned on.

4. Zirrak

Zirrak New Member This Topic's Starter

Well I hope the gingerbread update will make android smoother

5. eddiewawa

eddiewawa Well-Known Member

Owning the DHD for two days I have to say its awesome! My gf just got her iPhone4 over the weekend and she's kinda jealous of the large screen and the live widgets you get with android....she was also jealous about the live wallpapers which granted you can on the iPhone but need to jailbreak it first lol

Love the web browsing indeed,its such a refreshing change from the hero (bless its soul) I once owned. I switched this debugging usb thing and i haven't noticed any lag what so ever. Typing is such a godsend with this in landscape mode (I'm adding this entry with my phone as we speak hehe)

Battery lasts a day so far which isn't bad considering i was using it from 4am this morning and it finally ran out of juice around 6pm today after 90mins of music,20 mins of web browsing,a lot of txts, 10 mins of phone calls,30 mins of angry birds,downloaded 2 apps and constantly on WiFi at work to check my emails...so not bad considering I've been told it gets better over a week :)

Oh love the extra bass on the dolby settings! Pendulum 'masochist' never sounded better on a phone lol

6. rocknrolla1

rocknrolla1 Member

I thought it would be appropriate to add to this thread seen as i'm another one who has a girlf with an iPhone 4.

Great phone, overall I love it and I'm happy I chose it over the iPhone. So I'm just going to list its few bad points:

1. Bluetooth connection is intermittent (which is very annoying when your in your car trying to make a call)
    2. It doesn't sync as well as my old iPhone (this is especially with the calendar and it doesn't sync at all with my car, where I have to get an app to push the numbers over)
    3. Battery life sucks. I mean real bad. So I'm waiting for a larger battery to come off ebay and we'll see how that goes (just 5 bucks).

Thats about it. I've found anything you miss from the iPhone there will be an app for it. Apart from the external silent switch.

Can I ask what the debugging thing is??

7. s327374

s327374 Active Member

I was looking for debugging info too. It sounds dodgy, but hey... I'll try it. Turning it on now, although I have a mac, so I'm not sure if it will do me any good.

It's at: settings/Applications/development/usb debugging

Cheers.

rocknrolla1 likes this.
  8. rocknrolla1

rocknrolla1 Member

ha, it does sound a bit dodgey