1. Welcome to the newer, better version of Android Forums! Be sure to see the announcement and enjoy checking it out!

Some of you have been having login issues. - Please try now. Sorry for the trouble!
  2. All attachments uploaded on the first day of this new look need to be re-uploaded, or will appear broken. All prior to that, and all going forward, should work fine. We apologize for the inconvenience!

Questions about DHD power and volume buttons

1. ral

ral Well-Known Member

I was thinking of switching to a new case (Casemate Barely There) from my old and tired Otterbox case. The new case will leave the power and volume buttons exposed.

Are there buttons made of steel or are bronze like color just a coating. I wanted to know if they are prone to corrosion or discoloration.

TIA

Advertisement
  2. ferret141

ferret141 Well-Known Member

The buttons aren't prone to corrosion or discoloration. However depending on the nature or your use the aluminium looking paint they have can wear away.
    I've used mine naked for a long time and had no problems. My friend however has had his wear away. I can only assume that it's happened because he's pulled the phone out of his pocket and pressed the buttons 50 times a day. Or he likes to rub them in his pocket.

This chrome backed watched will give you an idea what could happen. [​IMG]
    Here the lower part of the backplate has been rubbed away to reveal a pinky copper layer. You could expect something similar. I'll post a photo up next time I meet him.
    ral likes this.
  3. paulrh

paulrh Well-Known Member

I bought a Casemate Barely There but soon ditched it due to poor fitting due to the width of the phone and the flimsiness of the case. It was very loose down the sides and the thin piece of plastic around the top of the volume rocker was always in danger of snapping right off. Total rubbish. I bought a Capdase gel case and love it. I cut the gel case to expose the volume rocker as it was otherwise far too easy to accidentally alter the volume or turn the screen on. Hard wearing and loads of protection against drops and scratches.
    ral likes this.
  4. Mehta23

Mehta23 Guides Guide

I used to use a 'sock' type thing... which offered NO form of protection.

Then I bought the official HTC pouch , which was good, but still, no protection when using the phone.

Then I purchased the Otterbox Commuter from Amazon for a tenner... It's brilliant. One thing I would say is that the screen protector it comes with is a bit 'plasticy' , and I'm looking to get a PhoneDevil protector soon.
  5. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I did give screen protectors a go, but just got fed up... ok... I didn't spend very much money on them, but I just didn't like them in the end... guess it comes down to personal preference though :)
    Mehta23 likes this.