Questions about DLNA on Inspire

1. VeryProudOfYa

VeryProudOfYa Member

I am hoping that i will be able to stream music to my PS3 through the DLNA function. Will this work or is it only for pictures? Who has experience with DLNA and what is your opinion?

Advertisement
    :
  2. Allenfx

Allenfx Well-Known Member

I have no experience with it at all, but it is supposed to work for music, pictures and video.

I plan to purchase a dlna flat screen tv at some point in the future and skip the ps3 part....we will see. In the mean time will probably buy the portable htc dlna media adapter for $99 that will work with any hdmi ready tv for this purpose.
  3. from what I know you can stream music, videos, pictures etc etc basically all media
  4. Fyrefly

Fyrefly Active Member

I don't know how well it works from smart-phones (my hopes are high - I've already pre-ordered the Inspire), but after installing DLNA software on my PC I was able to stream photos, music and video to my PS3
  5. VeryProudOfYa

VeryProudOfYa Member

I would really like to be able to play music through my speakers that are connected to my tv. All of thid would happen through the DLNA on my phone and ps3
  6. Allenfx

It will work..one of the reviews posted has it confirmed where the reviewer uses his xbox. It shows up on your phone as a "xbox media extender" and i think it shows up on the xbox as "phone". Shouldnt be too different on a ps3.
  7. Loiselle

Loiselle Well-Known Member

I would like a link to said article/video.
  8. Allenfx

9. Loiselle

Loiselle Well-Known Member

10. Allenfx

"xbox media extender" has shown up on my home network for years while using all of my computers...but i never enabled it because i didnt want to deal with my son constantly trying to take over my computers to play music...i bought him an ipod instead and he drives me crazy cranking the music while gaming now.....

Then again...there is something soooo surreal about shooting your way through minions of of head crabs and zombie hords when suddenly. "Chest nuts roasting on an open fire" by Nat king cole starts playing "in game".... It was comically entertaining and some how just worked....

"Chest nuts roasting on an open fire" (sound of a shot gun blast) Jack Frost nipping at your nose " (sound of a styder opening fire) "Yuletide carols being sung by a choir" Grenade blowing up "And folks dressed up like Eskimos" ......"im reloading!"

Seriously ..thats the only way to listen to christmas music.
  11. coreymcl

coreymcl Well-Known Member

I was testing this today using both a XBox 360 and PS3. I was not able to see either device in my device list. I only saw my phone as an option. I also did a test using Windows Media Player on a Windows 7 box and was able to get it working as the device showed up in my device list.

I'm sure I'm not doing something right so if anybody else has gotten this working please post how you did it.
  12. Allenfx

Still trying to figure out whats what. I'm sure there will be a tutorial up soon.
  13. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

I was using twonky as a media server for my mytouch 3G and Music, movies & pictures all worked great with my xbox. I figure it should work the same with the Inspire.
  14. ttusomeone

ttusomeone Active Member

I downloaded an app called Skifta - once you launch it you should see your phone as an option within your PS3 (for example, under music). From there you can browse your music, videos, and pictures on your phone using your PS3.
    VeryProudOfYa likes this.
  15. Unauna

Unauna New Member

According to DLNA idea - it should work. But, reality can be different. DLNA devices should play music, video and images, but according to my experience it depends on exact device and exact media files.

There are several application awailable on appstore. You can take a looks at customers review, or, probable the better way - is to try free version of allication. For example ArkMC application have Free ArkMC, that limits the number of files in file list.