Questions about downgrade and root from 2.2

1. redlancers34

redlancers34 Active Member

hello i have update.zip 2.2 and want to downgrade. now i am curently following this post
    How to downgrade and root your DInc from 2.2 |
    on the instructions where it says: Once ready, type these commands in cmd prompt from your adb tools directory. After every line press enter.

adb push flash_image /data/local/
    adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/
    adb push mtd0.img /sdcard/
    adb push PB31IMG.zip /sdcard/

what do i do here? i put the first line in cmd but it failed. i don't really know what adb is and how do i type cmd commands from the adb tools directoy?
    help is appreciated

Advertisement
    :
  2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

Gonna send this to the root section where the users most familiar will be able to help you better
  3. redlancers34

Ok cool thanks
  4. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

you might have to navigate the command prompt to the directory where you have adb installed
    ...those instructions directed you to download the android sdk to the root of your c:\ ... so your command prompt should read:
    C:\android-sdk-windows\tools
    before attempting any of those commands, if you downloaded the sdk to another loacation
    you will have to point the command prompt to that location... hope this helps

and PS make sure USB debugging is enabled on your phone and you have the correct drivers installed
  5. pkmn760

pkmn760 Well-Known Member

I think he means you need to SHIFT + right click and select CMD, or cntrl + rt click? in the folder
  6. redlancers34

ok but for the adb? Once ready, type these commands in cmd prompt from your adb tools directory. After every line press enter.
    What do i do here?^
  7. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

Do exactly that, type the commands and press enter after each one
  8. redlancers34

ok thanks i will try, i just didn't know what a adb is haha