• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions About Galaxy S2

mkmossop

Nov 19, 2012
Ok I've tried looking all around but can't find out how to set the "1" screen as my home screen. Whenever I click the "up" arrow in the main phone buttons it takes me to the screen with the highest number.

I've tried pinching the home page so you get the view of the various screens, but don't see any options there to set the home screen.

I'm also wondering how I can put an icon linking to a specific website on my home page. I see you can add bookmarks, but there's no option to add a custom bookmark. Also is it possible to add a custom icon to this page?

Thanks!

1. Not sure how I can help you here, as it may be a ROM specific issue. The default launcher on my Galaxy S1 is the "1" screen. You can use a different launcher like Go, Apex or Nova which can allow you to change the homescreen depending on which one you like.

2. Why just not make a bookmark of the page, then put that bookmark on the homescreen? You can just separate the bookmarks into a folder so it doesn't get cluttered. As for using a custom icon, you need to use a launcher that supports such icon customization (Go, Apex, Nova, etc). You can use your own icons or download an icon pack from the Play Store.

Upvote 0
Hey thanks for the reply.

That's part of the problem... I don't know how to make a bookmark for a specific page. It will let me only let me add bookmarks from a predefined list stored in the phone.

Maybe I can connect my phone to my computer and add a new link to the "bookmarks" folder or something?

Thanks!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones