Questions about Hero ROM's

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Sonic01, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Sonic01

Sonic01 Member

Sep 24, 2009
    hey all,

I have an Orange UK branded htc hero, I was wondering if its possible to just flash it with a standard un-branded rom?

I dont want one of the various "custom" roms floating around as they all seem to have little bits and bobs that dont work properly.

I have no issue with my phone i just dont really want to have to wait for Orange to (if ever) write their own versions of the 2 updates for the European hero.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six!

Aug 1, 2009
    Male
    Mobile phone retail
    Inverness, UK
    No, the RUU updater checks the device serial and won't allow it.

The previous (2.73.xx.xx) update appeared a week after the generic one was released. That suggests the wait won't be long, so I'd advise holding on.

3. Sonic01

Sonic01 Member

Sep 24, 2009
    figured, thanks for the response....

we've.... been... waiting.... so.... looonnngggg :(

cant wait to get it though :D

4. Sonic01

Sonic01 Member

Sep 24, 2009
    does anyone know if its possible to flash the official 2.1 ROM onto a custom ROM'd Hero? Once the European 2.1 update comes out that is....

5. rizzla

rizzla Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2009
    London, UK
    Its likely someone will just make a custom rom of the official European one and just add a root access version and maybe one without when it becomes available

6. Sonic01

Sonic01 Member

Sep 24, 2009
    this one looks good, looks like some one just got the Taiwan 2.1 rom and uploaded it as a custom ROM we can use

[ROOTED ROM] Official HTC 2.1 Update | Voice Search | Gallery 3D | FAST! - xda-developers

I'm just reading up on how I can recovered my original Orange ROM if anything goes wrong or if i want to go to the official orange 2.1 when it comes out from this thread:

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-hero/54802-how-root-install-custom-rom-backup-more.html

Tags: