Questions about Lapdock, case and ROMS for WebtopAccessories

1. carr

carr Active Member

Received my lapdock this past Friday, new from AT&T for $99. So far I am pretty impressed. I do have several questions though.....

I have been using an Otterbox Defender on the phone which means taking the case off before docking. I will continue this unless I can find a slimmer version of this(with the fixed front hopefully) that will allow the phone to dock with the case on. The lapdock has a removable plate to apparently facilitate docking with the phone in some sort of case but due to the Otterbox dimensions it wont work. Anyone have any idea which case will allow docking?

Also am curious about anyones' experience with third party ROM's and webtop support. I ve been watching a number of threads at XDA about the 4 G and although I ran CM7 stable for a while there was no lapdock or webtop support. A few people have been running Debian on the Webtop and I was curious about whether anyone here had gone to a third party ROM and their lapdock experience....

Thnx

Advertisement
  2. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

You should be able to use any thin skin case. (With the dock insert removed.)
    carr likes this.
  3. carr

carr Active Member

Itsallgood
    Many thanks for the information. In my travels today I went by the AT&T store near where I live and they have stopped carrying pretty much anything for the atrix 4G. They have a limited number of cases for the Atrix 2 however.

Any suggestion of a skin case? I may end up having to order off line and wont know until it arrives whether whatever I order will work.

Again thanks
    Carr
  4. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Pretty much online is the way to go. There are lots of cases out there. Do a Youtub search and you can see the cases in action, before you make your choice.