Questions about Launcher Pro - and using a standard clock, some icons, and other optionsSupport

Last Updated:

1. JuniorNA

JuniorNA Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all. I must say LP is kinda cool, gives you a different feel of the phone. Right now i'm only using one screen, and 1 dock (not multiple dock screens), but i guess i'm just trying to find out if this is actually any different than the normal senseUI. I see there are limited icons, and we can either use the LP icons, or the default icons, but maybe there is an expansion pack for LP that i'm not understanding?

Also, what are you guys using as a clock. With LP, i can only add the analog clock, or other wigdet clocks i've downloaded, but can't load 10 clocks that came with the phone. I'm assuming those are senseUI clocks, and will not work with LP. Should i download clock widgets that will work with LP?

Also, since i'm only using 1 screen, and 1 dock, and i really not utilizing LP to the max here ? I should be using the dock more, and using it for more applications to quickly pull up right?

Does anyone have any advice on how to customize it a little bit to make the experience more enjoyable, or make it worth the while ?

Also, battery life? Any difference? Is it the same? I have ATK that i run every once in a while to kill some buggy apps/games, I noticed that LP is running and taking up a good amount of resources, has anyone reported a really bad battery due to LP being installed?

Advertisement
  2. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

Hey, for a really sweet classic clock, try TAJM... and yeah there are TONS of different launcher icons you can use. i have my phone set to 3 screens, and 3 docks... i only use the main screen, and all that is on it is the battery widget (battstatt) and the clock(tajm)

as far as the battery, i havent noticed any difference in how quick/slow it is to drain.

3. FramCire

FramCire Well-Known Member

I like retro clock and retro date (free in market)

I used to use 3 screens and 3 docks..... now 7 and 3

I use bookmark widget, peoplewidget, calendar widgets (LP and Jorte) (3 homescreens)

I have a music homescreen (Pandora, radio time, music player, slacker)

I have a util homescreen...... mini info, quick settings, dazzle, ..........audio manager.... navigate, radar

I have a todo homescreen with tasks, to do list, and google search

Then my main homescreen.....retro clock retro date weatherbug 6 apps I use a lot (edwin, facebook (for now), bible, camera, app organizer, photo gallery)

My dock has Phone, contacts, app draw, handcent (sms), skyfire (browser), Market, k9 (email), appbrain, yahoo mess, gtalk, 5 folders I set up through app organizer (games, shopping, tools, multimedia, and travel

Hope this helps.

4. 8andsand

8andsand Well-Known Member

I use beautiful widgets for my clock. It has a ton of skins so you can customize it to your liking. You can change the icons in Launcher Pro to any custom icon you want. Just find some icons you like and load them on your SD card.

5. JuniorNA

i downloaded the icon pack for LP on the phone and its great. I have setup 2 custom screens, with what i use most, hidden a lot of applications i dont use/bloatware, and also customized the dock. so far its really great and gives the phone a whole new look and experience. i hope it does not harm battery life too much.

6. lamoglinsgal

lamoglinsgal Well-Known Member

Have you changed the app drawer to 3D? Menu, preference, advanced settings.

7. JuniorNA

yeah, thats very cool.

8. UHF3

UHF3 Well-Known Member