questions about launcher proSupport

Last Updated:

1. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi everyone. Downloaded and installed launcher pro plus lastnight. Love it so far.

I was just wondering about the stock launcher built in to the droid x. Do I need to uninstall it or anything of the like? Is it running in the background? Does launcher pro run off of the stock launcher (which means I leave it alone)?

Any help or input is much appreciated

Advertisement
  2. drone46

drone46 Active Member

No you do not need to uninstall anything. Launcher pro will run in place of the stock launcher. Great app, congratulations in your purchase.

BTW, a new version came out today so make sure you go to the market and update.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  3. NCTurner

NCTurner Well-Known Member

after you install LP, you don't need to uninstall the stock launcher...just sit back and customize and enjoy! (I love LP!)

GrandMasterB likes this.
  4. bgillyjcu

bgillyjcu Well-Known Member

NO...install LP and have fun!

5. suv1186

suv1186 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys! Well that's all good to know. And I'm lovin it thus far. Waaaay better than stock imo

6. zane!

zane! Well-Known Member

Just a sidenote- there *may* be some widgets still running on the stock blur launcher that will take up some memory... It has been recommended that you clear off all of the stock home screens by deleting all of the shortcuts and widgets. I run "Home Switcher" to switch back and forth to make this easier whenever I have to set everything up.

7. Aggie12

Aggie12 Well-Known Member

What zane said. Go back to your stock home and remove everything off your screens. Unfortunately, you can't run home switcher with 2.2 due to an api change though.

8. mxsjw

mxsjw Well-Known Member

HomeSwitcher still works without issue on mine.

9. JSD_NJ

JSD_NJ Well-Known Member

Not me.

Goes to stock then anytime I do anything it automatically switches back to LP.

10. stlblues

stlblues New Member

I use LP also. How do you get back to your stock home screen?

11. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

BTW, there is an entirely new build of LP coming out. I don't know when, however. The info is on the Lp website. It will be built from the ground up and will be far superior! :D

JediZombie likes this.
  12. binary visions

binary visions Well-Known Member

That's incorrect. As said above, you should clear off the desktop of the stock launcher, because LP doesn't run in place of it - it runs over the top of it.

13. dawnierae

dawnierae Well-Known Member

Well...that's not really "uninstalling". It's just removing widgets and short cuts. :)

14. MoFunk

MoFunk Member

I tried home switcher and it will not work for me. How can I check my default? I have tried to force stop LP but that does not seem to work. I am curious if I have stuff running on my old stock home screen.

15. Flying_Hellfish

Flying_Hellfish Well-Known Member

Save the LP settings in the menu, uninstall LP, clear stock home launcher screens, reinstall LP, restore settings, re-add widgets to home screens in LP?

I'm not quite awake yet but that is what I would do if home switcher isn't working. :)

16. GregTard

GregTard Well-Known Member

You can go to Settings > Applications > Manage applications > Launcher Pro and clear the defaults. Then when you press the home button it will prompt you for which home to go to.

If you have Beautiful Widgets, it may be set as the HomeHelper app and you can change it in the Beautiful Widgets settings.

17. spb21

spb21 Well-Known Member

Home Switcher still works on 2.2 - at least for going to the original home and cleaning house.

18. igotgame

igotgame Well-Known Member

I had launcher pro but uninstalled it...the contact widgets resizing on there own drove me crazy...and I tested lp against stock and the battery drain was worse on lp...i like the speed of lp but those things bugged me too much

19. igotgame

igotgame Well-Known Member

I reinstalled launcher pro plus...I Wasn't aware of needing to clear my stock home screens...so I wiped them out...I really like LP so hopefully this time it will work better...I really like the swipe icons to see text messages and missed calls...really cool feature.