• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about my HERO, Please help?

nerdxamanda

Lurker
Apr 20, 2010
I have a few questions!

** Why am I not able to send Picture messages ? every time I try to send a picture through text messaging, it says I cannot do it! Why??

** I downloaded Handcent App and I would love to use it, but When I do use it, I get text messages sent to the App I downloaded, and to the default text messaging that came with the hero. How can I make my text messages only send to Handcent SMS instead of Both??

I'm new at having a cell phone that has so much you can do with it, so I will probably have tons of more questions, but these are the 2 questions that I would love to be figured out first and then eventually I will ask others when I have them.

If anyone can please help me, or explain how I can fix these issues I am having. I would appreciate it.

Thank You in advance!:)

I have a few questions!

** Why am I not able to send Picture messages ? every time I try to send a picture through text messaging, it says I cannot do it! Why??

If using pictures that you just took, it's because there is a size limit for outgoing MMS files. You can either 1) use Handcent to resize automatically, 2) Resize photos yourself and send them using stock app or 3) Change the settings on your phone so the photos aren't a full 5MP.

** I downloaded Handcent App and I would love to use it, but When I do use it, I get text messages sent to the App I downloaded, and to the default text messaging that came with the hero. How can I make my text messages only send to Handcent SMS instead of Both??

Go into the default Messaging app and click Menu> Settings then unclick Notifications.

I'm new at having a cell phone that has so much you can do with it, so I will probably have tons of more questions, but these are the 2 questions that I would love to be figured out first and then eventually I will ask others when I have them.

If anyone can please help me, or explain how I can fix these issues I am having. I would appreciate it.

Thank You in advance!:)

Answers are above in bold.

Ask away whenever you have questions! We're here to help. :D

Upvote 0
First, welcome...

so you are stock..

with the picture IM... you might want to go into Handcent and look at the settings... make sure you have it turned on and size set ....
also.. you pics might be to big... but Handcent should re-size it for you.

about the double post... go into the stock messaging app and go into settings. Turn off all auto receive options and notifications.

Lastly... do a little search and reading before posting questions.. most questions have been answered before.
Some questions are very complicated and my have been answered before.. but we are hear to help if we can if you dont understand.

:D :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones