Questions about my HERO, Please help?

Last Updated:

1. nerdxamanda

nerdxamanda Member This Topic's Starter

I have a few questions!

** Why am I not able to send Picture messages ? every time I try to send a picture through text messaging, it says I cannot do it! Why??

** I downloaded Handcent App and I would love to use it, but When I do use it, I get text messages sent to the App I downloaded, and to the default text messaging that came with the hero. How can I make my text messages only send to Handcent SMS instead of Both??

I'm new at having a cell phone that has so much you can do with it, so I will probably have tons of more questions, but these are the 2 questions that I would love to be figured out first and then eventually I will ask others when I have them.

If anyone can please help me, or explain how I can fix these issues I am having. I would appreciate it.

Thank You in advance!:)

Advertisement
  2. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

There are quite a few threads here dealing with the issue. I don't experience any problem and as such don't remember the fixes, sorry. But do a search here and you will find info. that helps I promise ;)

Also, include a little more info. Are you rooted? Etc. ;) every little bit helps to get an answer.

Happy Trails!
    :cool:

3. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

There are quite a few threads here dealing with the issue. I don't experience any problem and as such don't remember the fixes, sorry. But do a search here and you will find info. that helps I promise ;)

Also, include a little more info. Are you rooted? Etc. ;) every little bit helps to get an answer.

Happy Trails!
    :cool:

4. nerdxamanda

nerdxamanda Member This Topic's Starter

i don't even know what rooted means? ha ha

5. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Answers are above in bold.

Ask away whenever you have questions! We're here to help. :D

6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

First, welcome...

so you are stock..

with the picture IM... you might want to go into Handcent and look at the settings... make sure you have it turned on and size set ....
    also.. you pics might be to big... but Handcent should re-size it for you.

about the double post... go into the stock messaging app and go into settings. Turn off all auto receive options and notifications.

Lastly... do a little search and reading before posting questions.. most questions have been answered before.
    Some questions are very complicated and my have been answered before.. but we are hear to help if we can if you dont understand.

:D :rolleyes:

7. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

^ You'll want to keep auto-receive ON!

Handcent pulls all messages from the default app, the last thing you want is for something not do download because auto-retrieve is turned off.