• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about phones

k140db

May 12, 2011
Good morning everyone!

I have had the EVO4g since it first came out and it by far has been my favorite phone. Now, I have had some problems along the way and have had the phone replaced a couple of times. Yesterday I went to the sprint store because I've had issues with the phone locking up on me, red circle of death and numerous factory resets. I told the sales person what issues i was having and he was very quick to replace my phone. When he opened the drawer to retrieve my new phone he had a perplexed look and then he came back with a Nexus s4g. He said they didnt have any more evo's on hand and offered me the nexus s. He said that it would be a slight downgrade in sprints eyes but in his opinion it is an upgrade. So he went over the phone specs and I took the phone.

After playing with the phone for a few hours I admit its a nice phone but its different then using my evo. I dont like how i cant sync my facebook contacts. Thats where all my contact numbers are stored. I do like the new ICS upgrade so far. In general I like the phone but am missing my EVO. The saleman said I can always return the nexus s when they get more EVO's in and they will do an exchange.

Now after doing some web surfing today I noticed that the new HTC EVO4g LTE is coming out soon. Now everyone please be honest...what are my chances of going back to the sprint store when the new evo's come in and tell them I want my evo back and them giving me the new EVO4g LTE? I'm guessing near impossible but theres always wishful thinking.

I did check my sprint account and I noticed I'm eligible for a $150 rebate. Can i put that 150 towards the 199 price of the evo4g LTE incase they wont give me a new EVO to replace my old busted one?

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks,
Kevin

They will not replace with an Evo 4G LTE, but will allow you to upgrade to it, and then once you do that, since your phone is fairly new you could sell it on eBay and get good money for it where your upgrade won't cost you any money and you will most likely put money in your pocket.

Good morning everyone!

I have had the EVO4g since it first came out and it by far has been my favorite phone. Now, I have had some problems along the way and have had the phone replaced a couple of times. Yesterday I went to the sprint store because I've had issues with the phone locking up on me, red circle of death and numerous factory resets. I told the sales person what issues i was having and he was very quick to replace my phone. When he opened the drawer to retrieve my new phone he had a perplexed look and then he came back with a Nexus s4g. He said they didnt have any more evo's on hand and offered me the nexus s. He said that it would be a slight downgrade in sprints eyes but in his opinion it is an upgrade. So he went over the phone specs and I took the phone.

After playing with the phone for a few hours I admit its a nice phone but its different then using my evo. I dont like how i cant sync my facebook contacts. Thats where all my contact numbers are stored. I do like the new ICS upgrade so far. In general I like the phone but am missing my EVO. The saleman said I can always return the nexus s when they get more EVO's in and they will do an exchange.

Now after doing some web surfing today I noticed that the new HTC EVO4g LTE is coming out soon. Now everyone please be honest...what are my chances of going back to the sprint store when the new evo's come in and tell them I want my evo back and them giving me the new EVO4g LTE? I'm guessing near impossible but theres always wishful thinking.

I did check my sprint account and I noticed I'm eligible for a $150 rebate. Can i put that 150 towards the 199 price of the evo4g LTE incase they wont give me a new EVO to replace my old busted one?

Any info would be appreciated

Thanks,
Kevin

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones