• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

questions about putting a large PDF on phone

i am a psychology major and i want to put the DSM IV on my phone. its a very large manual i have found a verison to download that is 164.6 MiB, it is a PDF file. i guess my question is how large is this? can i download it? and how does putting large PDF files on your phone work?how does storing it work? lastly will that slow my phone down? :thinking: sooo many questions!

There are pdf readers for Android, some available in Market as apps. If you have not already acquired one, do a search in Market under "pdf." "Documents to Go" is the one that seems to have the best reputation, and Adobe the worst, for speed.

As far as having that size file, 160 some megs is not very big on a 16Gb SD card, or even an 8.

Slow down? It'll likely be slow to load and use on the Eris, with its puney 528Mhz CPU. ;) Don't forget, pdf files are images, not text. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones