Questions about rooting my X10i

Last Updated:

1. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I am thinking about rooting my X10i so I can get the great apps that I have seen that are unfortunately limited to rooted phones only.

Can someone please be kind enough to answer these questions...

1. What is the quickest and easiest way to root my X10i on firmware R2BA026? (please proved any links necessary)
    2. Will everything on my phone be deleted during rooting process?
    3. Will I still be able to get future updates with SEUS or OTA like usual, or will I need to re-root each time.
    4. What are the pros and cons of rooting?
    5. Is there any well known problems when rooting with R2BA026 firmware? If so what are they and can they be resolved easily?

I think that's all for now

Also, if I cannot install updates via SEUS or OTA, is there anyway to have root access and still be able to do this? What would you recommend I do?

Thanks. Very much appreciated :)
    Andy ;)

I just realised I haven't posted this in the 'All things rooted' forum - Can a mod please move this for me, thanks

Advertisement
  2. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

1. Use Universal Androot. It's a simple process and you can unroot by clicking a button

2. Not using Universal Androot.

3. Yes

4. The pros are you can install more apps, have better control over your phone, etc. The cons are if you don't know what you're doing you might screw everything up.

5. Not that I know of.

3. CuBz

CuBz Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks alot :)

Can you please provide a link