Questions about rooting the Droid

Last Updated:

1. harrisonkk

harrisonkk Member This Topic's Starter

I know this has probably been posted a million times but I've been looking around and haven't found an answer to a lot of them.

EDIT: Deleted some of the questions I figured out on my own.

1) I don't have the warranty on my phone, so do I really lose anything by rooting if I don't have a warranty to break?

2) Will the SholesMod Updater be taken out of the marketplace since Google seems to be so against rooting?

3) Is there a website where I can get all these custom themes, WiFi tether, custom keyboards and everything that everyone is talking about after I root the phone

4) Is it possible that some apps might not work with a rooted phone because you're change the operating system?

5) When will SholesMod Updater be free? I don't have a credit card and it said a day or two but that was... two days ago haha.

Advertisement
  2. harrisonkk

harrisonkk Member This Topic's Starter

bump bump bump

3. messenger13

messenger13 Well-Known Member

Scroll down ...

4. Ninthwonder

Ninthwonder Well-Known Member

How does rooting affect my service, most notably coverage? I have read some say they have lost 3G coverage when rooted.

5. Freebyrd

Freebyrd Active Member

Joe; Ive been doing a lot of reading on rooting my Droid and I just wanted to say I really appreciate your posts. You are very helpful and explain things that even I can understand. PS, still haven't worked up the nerve to jump in the deep end.

6. Legacystar

Legacystar Well-Known Member

just my thoughts

7. Geezer Squid

Geezer Squid Well-Known Member

The app is available free on their website. This is from a post on another board announcing the new program:

The current app called SholesMod Updater costs $5.00 in the market, it is also available for free http://downloads.sholes.info/smupdater.apk.

They don't mind you using it free. I think they have a donate link if $5 is too much right now.