Questions about RootingSupport

1. chrisxjohn

chrisxjohn New Member

Hey guys, Im new to this whole 'rooting' thing, so I have a few questions that I haven't been able to find answers for. If you guys could help me out or at least point me in the right direction, that would be awesome!

Okay, first of all, I think I rooted my Optimus Slider. I completed the first section in the sticky. However, I didn't complete the Recovery Section? Do I need to do that part? What is it anyways? And the last part too... It doesn't really explain what it is. I assumed it was just to recover your phone if, while changing stuff around while the phone was rooted, you screwed something up. Kind of like a backup... But I don't know...

What also made me think that those two parts were not necessary was because I got an app to work that wouldn't work unless the phone was rooted (Screenshot).

Anyways, if the root was completed (or when I complete it), where can I find instructions on how to change the phone more? What are some of the things I can do now that it's rooted?

Thanks for your help guys and sorry if this is a complete noob faceroll thread!

Advertisement
  2. sneaky_1

sneaky_1 Well-Known Member

Your right you don't need to install a recovery or backup. You can just root if you want.

The most common thing to do with root it to install root apps. Like adaway, titanium backup, auto memory manager, WiFi tether, and so forth. You can find info on them in the playstore, and search for more popular root apps.
  3. IceColdGlacier

IceColdGlacier Well-Known Member

Research for your own crap.... You can do tons of stuff to a rooted phone.