• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions about Sling Box

I am looking into getting a sling box. I really don't know much about this and looking for a few answers. First, what I know, you hook the sling box up to a router for internet access and the sling box needs to be connected to a cable source, this is where my questions start. (see I told you I didn't know much about it) I am looking at getting the sling box hd pro, the website says it has a built in tuner, does this mean I can hook the coax cable from the wall straight to the sling box and it will work just fine? Also, if the sling box is hooked up to a digital cable box and not the coax will the sling box control the tv hooked up to the cable box? If anyone with a sling box could please help it would be appreciated.

Yeah, a TV tuner just takes your coax and you're done. If its connected to a cable box, then the box can only see what the cable box is showing, so if you have an RF repeater from the slingbox you can change the channels on the cable box, but if the TV and the sling box share the same cable box, then yes they will show the same thing

Reactions: japus
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones