Questions about sprint

Last Updated:

1. Skizr420

Skizr420 Member

I just upgrade from the optimus m to the evo 3d and am basically wondering what kind of random charges I might come across. I've had metro pcs for years and decided I wanted a faster phone and got this one. I've heard sorties about stuff like roaming charges and the like and would like to avoid getting wrapped up in charges.

2. misplacetexan

misplacetexan Member

Which plan do u have?
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. CarrieK

CarrieK Well-Known Member

We are on the 1500 minute family share plan. My bill is the same every month and roaming is included. From what I gather, unless the majority of your usage is roaming you shouldn't have any unexpected charges.
    BenChase7 and marctronixx like this.
  4. Skizr420

Skizr420 Member

I have unlimited text and data with 450 minutes.
  5. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I've had the same plan as you (Everything data 450), I recently switched to a family plan (Everything data 1500); I have been with Sprint for about 10 years and have never had any roaming fees. Typically with Sprint, roaming is included and you will not have to worry about any extra fees.
    la sal and marctronixx like this.
  6. catpowrd

catpowrd Well-Known Member

First bill maybe a shocker like two in one plus new phone and activate charges, after that only when sprint changes there service charges a little.
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. catpowrd

Carrie or Ben did your Sprint surcharges go up on your 1500 plan? I have 5 phones and a data card and my surcharges went up $3.24 this last bill.
  8. BenChase7

to be honest, I cannot remember for sure, however, it would not surprise me if the surcharges went up a few bucks... this is because some of the surcharges are government mandated (out of Sprints control) and are charged per line of service.
    CarrieK and marctronixx like this.
  9. CarrieK

This is the summary of my surcharges. We have 5 lines. My bill hasn't changed, or at least not recently. I did some reading and apparently those charges have to do with government taxes and can vary from state to state. Mine haven't gone up lately but my new bill will be posted on 11/1 so I will keep an eye out.

Federal-Univ Serv Assess Non-LD $3.44 Administrative Charge $7.50 Regulatory Charge $2.00 --------------$12.94
    marctronixx likes this.
  10. catpowrd

I wish mine was only $13 a month
    Fed-Univ Serv Assess $3.11
    Wis State Tele sale surcharge $13.18 was $13.00
    Wis univ serv assessment $1.20
    Marquette County surcharge $1.32
    Administrative charge $9.00 was $5.94
    Regul charge $2.40
    total $30.21

Gov Fees & Taxes
    Wis state police/fire protect fee $3.75

total tax & surcharges $33.96
  11. CarrieK

Holy Crap! :eek:
  12. BenChase7

I think this is already being discussed here:

I've got 3 lines now and my fees are $20 total. Obviously it various greatly by location (gota love the Govt). My total bill for 3 lines (all of which are 4G Android SmartPhones), including all fees, taxes, and insurance on all three phones is $188 a month. Still not bad for virtually unlimited everything (especially when compared to Verizon or ATT). I'm thinking about cutting the insurance ($8 each line), which would bring the bill down to $164 a month for all 3 lines.

About 4 months ago when I had a single line with Sprint (EVO 4G), my fees were about $6 a month... total bill after all fees, taxes, insurance, and discount was 67 bucks for the Everything Data 450 plan. Unbeatable... since its virtually unlimited everything.
  13. jasonacg

jasonacg Well-Known Member

Note to self: Don't move to Wisconsin.

What could they possibly provide in that state, that requires you to shell out about $20 a month between state and county?

Of my $112 bill, about $4.50 goes to to the State of Florida (including regular sales tax), and $1.63 goes to my local county. Non-regulatory fees add up to $4.94.