Questions about the 2.1 on Eris..General

Last Updated:

1. Mrdroid921

Mrdroid921 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is the 2.1 on the Eris, supposed to be missing features like, Friend stream,
    pinch to zoom in google maps, and voice command on the keyboard??

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

"supposed" to be is a tricky word............

are these things missing for everyone with 2.1 unless theyve rooted and modified: YES

was it the intention of the design of 2.1 to omit these things: NO

does 2.1 have a few "bugs" that you will have to deal with until you buy a different model phone: UNFORTUNATELY (despite any rumors of updates, since its EOL, and VZW has nothing to gain buy sinking another penny into the device, I doubt there will be any further updates of any kind) IMO

3. AdrianC14

AdrianC14 Well-Known Member

You never know.

4. cmajpwc

cmajpwc Well-Known Member

Yes, but keep in mind that's a generic email they send out to everyone with different names filled in. It could be true, it could not be, but I'm not holding my breath for anything. I'm happy with the way 2.1 works on my phone anyways. The only thing I wish they would fix is the damn lag, but that's more of a hardware issue than it is software, so it's indifferent really if we ever get another update to me.

In fact, the only thing in 2.2 that I would like is Flash support, but even then, I wouldn't use it too much...

Actually, voice to text. That's the only thing I really see myself ever using out of the "left out" features of 2.1.