Questions about the camera

Last Updated:

1. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1) The pics that I send to people via email turn out HUGE! I'm sure they're hogging space in my phone, too, if they're that big. How can I downsize these?

2) How can I get camera settings to stick? As it is, I have to select what settings I want to use for each picture if I don't use the camera in awhile.

Sorry for the noob questions. I'm sure I'll be asking more :). I'm LOVING this phone, though!

Advertisement
  2. spiz

spiz Well-Known Member

Hey Overland Park, KS... sweet! I lived in Olathe for 8 years. :)

Anyways, to answer your questions...

1) When in Camera mode, click the little arrow on the left to bring up the menus. Then click the little Settings gear in the top right corner. Scroll down to the 2nd page and change the resolution. You're most likely using the default, which is 5M, which makes giant pictures. Choose a lower resolution to get smaller pictures and smaller file size. **Make sure you tap the resolution you want twice, and it will stay that way until you change it.

2) See above. Press any setting twice to make sure that it selects it for good. I've found that if you just press it once and then hit Back or something, the setting doesn't save.

pantlesspenguin likes this.
  3. pantlesspenguin

pantlesspenguin Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey, small world! I actually work in Olathe :). Thanks so much for your speedy reply. I'll give your suggestions a shot.