Questions about the Fascinate before I decide to buy it

Last Updated:

1. thefnshow66

thefnshow66 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm really interested in this phone but I have a few questions that maybe some of you can help me out on. Here we go.

*Is the 2 gb internal memory going to be enough for apps? I currently have the incredible and that comes with 8 gb internal and I feel pretty comfortable downloading anything i want since it's a pretty big amount. Am I just being a bit paranoid or is that a legit concern?

*I visited droid-life.com and they had a chart comparing verizon's other droid to the Fascinate. On the ram, it says the Fascinate has only has 336mb. Is that a typo? Because that would suck if that was the case since all the other newer droid phones have 512mb.

*If the ram is really 336mb, is that enough of a reason to just stick with the incredible and wait until next year for another phone? I really like the screen on the Fascinate and I want a phone for games but if a new phone comes out (Fascinate) and the memory is already low and doesn't qualify for 3.0, Should I hold off? Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. wonsae

wonsae Active Member

1. I had the OG droid and it had less than 2gb internal mem for apps and I had more than enough on 2.1. Plus it comes with a 16gb microsd card pre installed and once froyo rolls out for the Fascinate you can always move your apps to your microsd card.

2. Pretty sure that's a typo because all the other galaxy s phones come with 512 ram if not than it's pretty gay just wait for the release for the official specs.

3. All up to you.

3. ckochinsky125

ckochinsky125 Banned

1 2gb should be plenty I agree with wonsae and once froyo is out you can put apps on your card.
    2. It has 512 but the number it is showing is whats available
    3. It should qualify for 3.0 but who knows they could change the specs to make none of the phones out now work with it you never know. But if you keep waiting you will never get a phone as something new and better is always around the corner. I know for me im getting the fascinate it just really appeals to me i had the x it was just to big and the 4 inch screen is a good compromise between the 3.7 inch droid and 4.3 inch X IMO

4. thefnshow66

thefnshow66 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the replies.
    I just wanted to make sure the 2 gb of internal memory was enough until the fascinate gets the 2.2 update. The chart I saw from the memory did appear to be a typo. I found many other sites saying that it really is 512 mb. I read a lot of other people complain about how it comes with Bing. I know that is basically bloatware from verizon that I can't get rid of but at least you can download all the google stuff in the market and plus, bing isn't all bad. You can download it now if you have verizon in the market place and it's pretty good. I know the Fascinate is a minor update over the incredible but I want a phone that has a really nice screen I can see in the sunlight, better battery life and a phone for gaming. The Fascinate does all that for me. I heard a lot of people on this forum bash Samsung's touchwiz and many prefer htc sense over it but I use Launcher pro so that won't really be an issue for me. Hopefully this phone rocks like the rest of the Galaxy S line.