questions about the GALAXYSupport

1. Haltemien

Haltemien Active Member

Hi guys!

I tried to search on the forums, but didnt get a clear answer to any of my questions.

I've read that this phone dont get an update to android 2.1 but will be stuck at 1.5. Does this mean that when 2.1 are released, I cant download apps for it anymore at all? Ive read something about fks the youtube app and the google earth app, has moved beyond 1.5 and isent aviable anymore?

And what is all this talk about misty mod etc. Can anyone fill me in on what its all bout? Is it a usermade version of android 2.0? Should i get it for my new phone etc.

Thanks for all the help, and I am very sorry, if i didnt use the search function enough.

Advertisement
    :
  2. MichaelW

MichaelW Well-Known Member

The are official 1.6 firmwares from Samsung now available. It is unlikely it will ever officially support more than that.

The GAOSP project is aiming to bring 2.1 to the Galaxy, and while it has progressed a long way, there are some major things still not working (e.g. Camera). It is hoped once Samsung release the 1.6 sources then we will get a fully working 2.1.

Musty mod was a port of 2.0, but I'm not sure it's being updated any more, and it had the same limitations as GAOSP.
  3. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

everything is in this forum mate, please spend some time to read them as anything anyone writes here will just be a repeat of those topics

in breif, musty is a rom that is 2.0 but is incomplete but functional to a point
    GOASP is again a 2.1 custom rom that is incomplete but funtional to a point
    1.6 is available to galaxy officially and unofficially depending on country

is 2.1 ever going to come? doubt it from an official perspective
  4. Haltemien

Haltemien Active Member

Thanks for the respons guys.

So if i upgrade to GAOSP at some point, i will be able to use the apps that have moved to android 2.1?
  5. Rastaman-FB

Rastaman-FB Well-Known Member

yes but if you choose to downgrade back to 1.6 or 1.5 you will find apps missing as google caches the device as 2.1 and doesnt seem to release it
  6. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

Yep, should be fine.
  7. Haltemien

Haltemien Active Member

But just to make it clear, with the 1.6 on the phone, I wont be able to use apps at all?
  8. Bomberman

Bomberman Well-Known Member

Yeah you can, but not the latest versions designed for the higher Android versions.
  9. Haltemien

Haltemien Active Member

Ah ok :) Thanks for all the answers!
  10. Stephen289

Stephen289 Member

will GAOSP enable the Galaxy to display 16M colours?