Questions about the recent Sprint OTA Update

Last Updated:

1. lambada

lambada Active Member This Topic's Starter

I'm considering getting a Hero and have some questions about the recent update that Sprint released.

1. How come it was Sprint that released the update and not HTC? Doesn't the update address issues that are affecting all phones (incl. non-Sprint)?

2. Did this update solve the problem which was causing the Hero not to receive all SMS messages sent to it?

3. Will HTC be releasing a similar update for non-Sprint phones any time soon?

Advertisement
  2. DamagePlan

DamagePlan Member

I still can't get picture messages after the update

3. quantumrand

quantumrand Well-Known Member

The reason Sprint was the one to release the update was because Sprint is the only one with that version of the phone. The update itself was likely developed by HTC in coordination with Sprint, and being OTA, it was Sprint's responsibility to roll it out. It's not like HTC has much control over Sprint's network.

This update definitely wont be coming to any other Hero phones because the problems it fixed were strictly issues with the Sprint model.

Does it fix the problem with recieving texts? I have no idea. As scattered as the issues are, it sounds more like a network problem in certain areas, probably where Sprint is running older Nextel towers that haven't been outfitted properly.

4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Moved to relevant forum.

5. lambada

lambada Active Member This Topic's Starter

The text messages problem is definitely not restricted to Sprint models. People from all over the world have been complaining about it. It's what's stopping me from buying the phone.

6. LTZguy

LTZguy Well-Known Member

I have had no text problems and still dont after the update.

7. zombdroid

zombdroid Well-Known Member

No text problems here. A lot of text problems are being reported after moving away from the stock app.