• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

questions about the stock voice dialer

sparky7474

Nov 6, 2009
Hello all, I started tp try the voice dialer that came with our Sprint hero phone, but is it me using it wrong or is it the voice dialer that really sucks. I wait until it tells me that its "listening" and the I tell it to call one of my friends on my phone book, and it either doesn't respond, or it will not even pill up the correct name. Is there a better voice dialer in the market place, and also I bought a Motorola rokker head set and can I use the voice dialer with my headset?

Sorry for the winded complaint/question.

Any suggestion would be much appreciated!

i'm sure there's something better out there, haven't looked into it yet. But yes, the voice dialer does in fact suck the big D.

Indeed it does. :mad:

I'm sure this wont help, but an odd quirk I've noticed was that it works (when I can get it to work) much better responding to my wife's voice. And no, I'm not James Earl Jones reincarnated.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones