Questions about the touch screen/digitizerSupport

Last Updated:

1. Electrify

Electrify Member This Topic's Starter

Okay, so being my first touch screen phone I made the mistake of using multi-surface cleaner on the device to clean it. The screen looks fine, but the second row of the screen no longer seems to accept input.

My first question is, is using multi-surface cleaner known to kill the digitizer (the part which converts touch to input), or could it be that it is simply dying? If I damaged it, so be it. But if it is simply the phone dying, then I can at least take it back to Bell to fix under warranty (not to mention give me another reason never to buy HTC devices for as long as I live, as this is not the first problem I've had with the device).

Second question is if I did damage it, how would I go about repairing the digitizer? Granted I'd probably take it to a repair shop, but does anyone know how much it would cost or how long it would take?

Advertisement
  2. Badgerton

Badgerton New Member

I just took mine in to get fixed at a little booth at my local mall, they said it would be a few days and cost between $120 and $150. None of the big name stores I went to would fix it. Hope this sort of helps.