Questions after my root process

Last Updated:

1. mwest316

mwest316 Member This Topic's Starter

I followed GrdLocks root process to a T...everything went perfect for me, and I am in heaven with my Eris now..

But, I do have a few questions.. I have some apps that did not backup with astro before the root, and even with appbrain, I cannot install them:

They are JewelLust, DevilryHuntress, MyBackupPro, and a cache cleaning program, those are the most important..being that I paid for the first 3..

any help with getting those back?

Also, one final question, for now..I noticed my buttons on the bottom of phone such as back arrow, home button, menu etc have to be pressed kind of hard to be used/and vibrate.. any luck with boosting that ?

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. chaos0422

chaos0422 Well-Known Member

You could try looking in your downloads in The market they are supposed to save there and follow you with your gmail. As for the the bottom buttons you could try turning haptic feedback off it should help.

mwest316 likes this.
  3. eurotrash323

eurotrash323 Well-Known Member

Those apps probably aren't available for 2.1 on the Eris yet, once Verizon officially releases 2.1 for the Eris those will become available again.

mwest316 likes this.
  4. rentjr

rentjr Well-Known Member

The Aloysius roms have a much more open market, you might try one of those. I was missing mens health workouts from the market but got it back when I switched to Aloysius. Currently running V5, V4.1 is a heroone theme. gmail pics work, no 50% time without signal issue. If you don't like the rom, at least you could use it to back up the apks and there ya go.

mwest316 likes this.
  5. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

ya try Alyosius ....like the previous poster said you could always go back to the rom of your choice .... but i don't think Astro will back up protected apps ..... so i would back up with Titanium its free on the market ..... only difference between free and paid , is paid does everything automatically ...

mwest316 likes this.
  6. mwest316

mwest316 Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks guys..I have been using this forum for 3 weeks now, had to register last night to get the usb fix for my rooted phone, and glad I did.. Great to be here

7. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Welcome to the forum.
    Just a quick note on Titanium,
    I hear a lot of chatter about Titanium Free Version not showing updates from the market on restored backups. So teh paid vers could be worth it to you.

8. rvpartsguy

rvpartsguy Well-Known Member

Yes I bought Titanium after my first time using it, well worth it

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk