• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Questions before I buy

research1

Lurker
May 2, 2010
I have a BB Storm I and would really like to upgrade to the Android Incredible. I just want to make sure this is the phone for me because it is such a pain to have my IT department set up the phone.

1. Does this phone work well with exchange servers? I use outlook at work and gmail as my personal account. For outlook it is extremely important that my automatically calendar sync. and I receive my email in real time not 15 minutes later. This has worked perfectly with my BB. Whatever is on my work PC through outlook is automatically on my BB.

2. Is it easy to open excel, powerpoint and word docs? Can they be saved and edited and resent as an attachment?

3. Can I put my 8gb SD from my BB in the Incredible to replace the 2gb it comes with?

I do more work on my phone than internet browsing or music downloading though I enjoy having those options. Right now I'm trying to decide between the BB Curve or Tour and the Incredible. I would really like the Incredible but I just want to make sure it will fits my needs and lifestyle. The BB storm works well but can be such a pain for typing docs and typing emails. Thanks for any insight!

I have a BB Storm I and would really like to upgrade to the Android Incredible. I just want to make sure this is the phone for me because it is such a pain to have my IT department set up the phone.

1. Does this phone work well with exchange servers? I use outlook at work and gmail as my personal account. For outlook it is extremely important that my automatically calendar sync. and I receive my email in real time not 15 minutes later. This has worked perfectly with my BB. Whatever is on my work PC through outlook is automatically on my BB.

2. Is it easy to open excel, powerpoint and word docs? Can they be saved and edited and resent as an attachment?

3. Can I put my 8gb SD from my BB in the Incredible to replace the 2gb it comes with?

I do more work on my phone than internet browsing or music downloading though I enjoy having those options. Right now I'm trying to decide between the BB Curve or Tour and the Incredible. I would really like the Incredible but I just want to make sure it will fits my needs and lifestyle. The BB storm works well but can be such a pain for typing docs and typing emails. Thanks for any insight!

I also come from a BB Storm 1, Exchange works emails hit your Inc very quickly and the calendar syncs just as fast. The only thing I have an issue with is email filtering, which the BB Storm has the option for but the Inc doesn't. I work at a IT Help Desk and every ticket we open with the Help Desk software generates an email to eveyone at the desk, I have a rule in my Outlook on my work pc to move these emails to a folder in my personal folders, but I see these emails appear on my Inc in my Inbox if I close Outlook on my desktop, if I leave Outlook open the Inc gets the email for a second or two then they are gone when Outlook runs the rule.. On the Storm I was able to filter these out but cannot on the Inc. For now I have changed the rule on Outlook so these emails go to my deleted items, and every so often I delete them on the Inc.

Upvote 0
I will probably be one of the only ones on this forum to tell you this, but imho, blackberries still have the market for business applicability. The easy answer to your questions are generally all yes, but as far as ease of the initial set up, and business reliability, I'm sorry android but blackberry still owns you. As far as the SD card, that transition should be seamless. There is always the 30 days exchange.

Upvote 0
I will probably be one of the only ones on this forum to tell you this, but imho, blackberries still have the market for business applicability. The easy answer to your questions are generally all yes, but as far as ease of the initial set up, and business reliability, I'm sorry android but blackberry still owns you. As far as the SD card, that transition should be seamless. There is always the 30 days exchange.

I agree Soul BB is still very good when coming to Enterprise email, but hey I am a techie Geek who loves this stuff.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones