• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help questions before rooting.

i want to root my gt-n8013 and i have some questions before i do it. i want to keep jellybean 4.1.2. i have build # JZO54K.N8013UEUCMA3.

all i really want to do is remove bloatware and maybe add a few apps in the future. all i use my tab for is games, web, photos.

the tablet is new and i dont have anything saved on it, do i still have to back it up?

i plan on usng this method http://androidforums.com/note-10-1-all-things-root/677349-root-jelly-bean-4-1-2-a.html

any suggestions or advice?

ok i did everything in that video but at the end after i opened the super_SU file in recovery mode it went to another screen that is not in the video.

the screen said that the ROM may disable recovery flash. i hit yes. it rebooted. is that a problem?

also since i had jellybean 4.1.2 i had to make sure auto-reboot was not checked in ODIN when adding the PDA

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones