Questions: Double lock screen, Where are My Contacts, Word Prediction, Android System battery useSupport

1. bri

bri New Member

Just got an Incredible and really like it, but have some issues

1) When I set password/pattern protection on the lock screen, there is still a swipe lock screen in addition, instead of being replaced like on my Droid 1. so it stupidly takes two actions to unlock the screen. how do I get rid of that?

2) The default contact list displayed is "All" instead of My Contacts. My Contacts is not even shown in the list of groups. how do I get it back and how do I set the default display list?

3) Is there any way to set word prediction (showing complete words) without auto completion (auto inserting closest word)? I just want to have the option of completing, not automatically

4) I'm still experimenting with settings for battery life. Instead of Display being a big 50%+ chunk of battery usage like on my Droid 1, Android System is taking up 50%+ of battery usage and sensor usage. Think it may be the "automatic brightness" setting using up all the juice because one day I turned it off and got a lot more battery life. Any other settings that could make battery usage so high?

Advertisement