Questions for international travel with DincSupport

Last Updated:

1. gatorbri

gatorbri Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

My fiancee and I are going to be doing a Mediterranean cruise. I just finished speaking with a Verizon rep a little bit ago and was informed that I can not use the Dinc at all in Europe since it is CDMA and not an international phone.

However, I would like to take it to use for Wi-Fi. A few questions:

1) Do I need to fear at all that I can be in any way charged for anything I do on my phone over there. Or since it isn't capable of being used is there no reason to fear? Should I have it in Airplane mode or does that disable Wi-Fi too? Is there any way to make it where Wi-Fi is the only way it can access data?

2) Will most of my apps work just fine simply using free Wi-Fi?

3) Are there any apps you would recommend to make the trip more enjoyable?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. gatorbri

Bumpity

3. gatorbri

Anybody? Sorry for bumping again, but this got moved to the Support subforum and dropped to the 2nd page. I was hoping to get an answer on this so I could feel comfortable using my phone in Europe.

4. Chandria

Chandria Well-Known Member

I imagine you sould be able to use your phone as long as there is a free Wi-Fi hotspot around you, since you wont actually have your phone operational. So, at least you can have limited functions. Keep in mind the power is different, so you will need a converter to be able to charge your phone. As for apps, I would recommend StarTranslate, Currency Converter, LaputaII (if you like to read) etc. Enjoy your trip!

gatorbri likes this.
  5. gatorbri

Thanks Chandria.

So I should have no fear of being charged anything while I'm in Europe? Just turn the phone on and if I can pick up Wi-Fi then use it, if not then no biggie?

Should all the apps work fine using Wi-Fi instead of regular data?