Questions for the already updatedGeneral

Last Updated:

1. irish1136

irish1136 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys and gals i was just wondering if the ota wiped out your contacts? and i wanted to know how i back my contacts up using gmail Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

You'll find mixed reviews on that in these forums, Irish.

Mine stayed, all of them. Some are seeing some of them gone, others are seeing all of them gone.

I'm at a loss as to why the differences, only to guess that some may be losing "phone" contacts and not "google" contacts, or vice versa. :confused:

3. denverjoe04

denverjoe04 Member

It whipped mine out, but my LOOKOUT app data back up brought them all back.

4. Chimpie

Chimpie Well-Known Member

Contacts that transferred with my phone were gone, but were sync'd with Gmail. So when I sync'd with Gmail after the upgrade, the contacts were back.

Contacts added manually after the purchase of the phone were still there after the upgrade.

5. irish1136

irish1136 Active Member This Topic's Starter

ok thanks for the info guys, i back mine up using astro so i should be safe, i just got to wait for my ota lol

6. msjulie

msjulie Well-Known Member

All my contacts were google contacts, were gone but sync got them back and happily the associated pictures returned as well! :)

7. HMHB

HMHB Member

This!

Except all my phone #s were there, just no names. I had about 5 contacts that were "phone" and they stayed the same (I had heard different). As soon as I entered my gmail name and p/w everything was tip top again!

8. SpeedDemon9

SpeedDemon9 Member

My phone numbers came back up, but I'm still not showing the names. Half my contacts I don't know their numbers by heart.

9. droideris2877

droideris2877 Member

I had no problems with contacts after the update. My apps were also In tact after the update. No back up was needed.

10. thenestor

thenestor Well-Known Member

My wife's OTA wiped out her "phone" contacts; they never returned. Her "google" contacts re-synced successfully though.

11. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Again, I wonder about the differences we're seeing wrt to that.

None of my contacts were touched at all; all data remained as it was in 1.5.

Changes were all having to do with the "scenes," they all vanished, however the elements of them remained, that is the wallpapers and lock screen backgrounds.

On a different subject altogether, the Market differences are vastly improved. I am not sure about the offerings yet, but the way it is formatted is excellent. I am not much of an app freak, only have a few, but it's good to see an attractive, intuitive almost professional looking utility like that turned out to be in 2.1.

12. SpeedDemon9

SpeedDemon9 Member

Mine came back with "google", but I'm still showing the number and not the person's name on top with Handcent SMS. I've been receiving messages and having to ask who the hell is this?

13. wifflenipples

wifflenipples Member

updated this morning, ALL of my contacts, apps, bookmarks, old texts and even call log remained intact after the update. Also all pics and music was left untouched. For my experience all the ballyhoo about backing up was just hype. I remained on 1.5 through all the leaks and that may possibly be why my transition was seemless (?) Loving the new experiences on 2.1 now though!!

14. cboss

cboss Well-Known Member

2.1 OTA.
    All contacts and apps were the same as before the OTA.
    Only thing I lost was contact ringtones (went to default), but I've put them back in.
    Had a problem with ASTRO not working, uninstalled/reinstalled and now all is well.:)
    I have noticed the phone slowing down a bit...thinkin' 2.1 is too much for our processor?
    I think I'll give this ERIS to my wife and get an INCREDIBLE...what a deal...LOL