• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Questions from a fellow droid 2 user

Uncle sam.

Lurker
Jan 27, 2011
Hi everyone, I have been seeking help in a number of things on my droid 2 phone. It seems as if every time I look up how to do something on my phone on google or bing I get an insufficient awnser that has little to do with my question. I post on other forums, but they are sports related. Even so I understand the annoyance of multiple threads on the same subject being posted. But I have been wondoring about some of these things for MONTHS! Here are some of my questions

1. Syncing contacts from my facebook to my droid

This is my main problem, I did it by accident once on my 1st droid ( Using my second that's been sent in replacement of my droid that malfunctioned ). I ask around so much but nothing helps? I downloaded the facebook android app but there's nothing on the app that let's me sync the contacts? I tap the facebook thing and get to the settings and then there's nothing to sync them. What am I missing?

2. Deleting Browser history/Making it invisible from users on the same wifi networks I use.

Well, I know how to delete single items off my phone.. But I can't delete categorys such as history from a month ago or a week ago on my phone )= Also I would prefer keeping my searches and viewing private, so what settings do I select to make it so the computers and other devices on the wifi networks I use can't see my browsing history?

I know this is a lot, but I've been trying to work on these things for weeks )=! I finally got the time today to work on my phones setting and you have no idea how much I would appreciate you guys help, thanks!

1) On the D2 you can go to Settings -> My Accounts -> Select Add Acount -> Facebook. ((It's a different interface from the standalone FB market application)). If that doesn't work let us know, maybe we can help you troubleshoot.

2a) Your browser contents shouldn't be visible to others if you're connected via WiFi (seems like a rather large privacy hole to be left open). To see what you're sharing with those who are in the same WiFi network go to the your drawer then Files. You'll see a "Shared Folders" tab that will show you what's being shared. ((I'm sure more well-versed IT members can clarify on this one if there's more to be said)).

2b) From your browser you can go to settings and customize the items that the browser saves and delete History, Cookies, Cache via separate options. As far as enhancing privacy so that someone that picks up your phone isn't able to go through your viewing history, I think you might have to tap into the App Market for a browser that includes that layer of protection. I'm pretty sure that "stock" is not vcapable of such customizations.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones